Moor End, Field House
Built by Mr Vernon about 1912/14. Bought by Mr Yates in 1920, it was then a farmhouse with about 30 acres. At this time there was a footpath in front of the house, down the Baulk, over Lees Brook to near Locko. It was diverted when the land ws bought for building in the 1950s. This footpath is now diverted up Moor End to Sancroft Road, to the Waste Allotments and the Baulk footpath to Lees Brook, known as "Fillipon" Baulk could have been "Fullimat" Baulk, mentioned in the will of 1649 of William Gilbert of Dublin. The Gilbert fmily owned Locko at that time.