Browse the Spondon History Archives...

Locko Road, North Cottage

Dated: 1987
Taken by: Guy Brighouse

Owned for many years by the Coxon family, and at one time occupied by Dr Bertram.  It has been extended from time to time, but the older part has bricks 2 1/2 inches thick, which indicates that it was built between 1725 and 1775, as during those years the size ofbricks was fixed by Statute.  Prior to that they were 2 1/4 inches thick 1571-1725.

Share this image: