Browse the Spondon History Archives...

West Road, Almshouses

Dated: 1987
Taken by: Guy Brighouse

The almshouses were built by Mrs Barron and endowed by her.  Miss Dorothy Peat carried on a kindergarten school in the middle room of this row in 1908/9; later she used a room at the rear of the Chapel  on the corner of Chapel Lane.  She was the daughter of Mr Billy Peat, butcher and farmer, of Billy Peat's Plantation, at the end of Badger Close.

Share this image: