Taken by: MC
Edith Alice Gibbons (known as Alice) was between March 1918 and February 1919 a volunteer nurse at the WW1 Red Cross Auxiliary Hospital based in Spondon House School from 1914 to 1919. She was born 23rd October 1890 in Chapel Street and baptised on 14th December 1890 at St. Werburgh’s church. She later married Henry (Harry) Septimus Abbott in 1921 and both were living at 112 Locko Road at the time of the 1939 Register. She died in February 1969. Photo kindly donated to the SHS archives by her grandson Miles Curley (2021).
Share this image: