Browse the Spondon History Archives...

Moor Street

When this house was built, c. 1890, it was intended to be a pub, but was never licensed.  Moor Street was also known as Cripple Hill.  The yard on the right was known as Eli's Yard in the early 1900s.  There were three cottages; in the first cottage lived Mr H  Wood, basketmaker.

Share this image: