Browse the Spondon History Archives...

Chapel Street

This house was the Post Office in early 1900s until about 1925/26 when Mr A Kirby took it for his General Hardware business.  Mr Walker was the Postmaster.  When there was a telegram to deliver, he tood on the doorstep and bellowed "Charlaaay" for the delivery boy, who lived in Chapel Lane.  The small building on the left was a joiner's shop used by Mr. Jim Maddocks.

Share this image: