Chairman's badge of office
By A Aston. Stored at Derby Museum.
This was Badge of Office was made and presented by local man Arthur Albert ASTON (1893-1982) to the chairman of Spondon Parish Council on 24th March 1960. It was worn by each successive chairman until the Parish was taken over by the County Borough of Derby in 1986. It now resides with Derby Museums Trust. This photograph dates from 2015 when the item was briefly loaned to the SHS.
This image shows the BACK of the badge of office of Chairman to Spondon Parish Council.