British Celanese 0-4-0ST locomotive GEORGE
British Celanese 0-4-0ST locomotive GEORGE built by Robert Stephenson & Hawthorn at their Newcastle works (No. 7214) in 1945 and supplied new to the Spondon factory. Seen here after retirement plinthed in the children's playground at the then Courtauld's Sports ground, Spondon circa 1970. The loco was located here from August 1967 to 3rd August 1982. It is currently (2017) being restored to working order at the Princess Royal Class Locomotive Trust engineering workshops at Swanwick Junction, Butterley, Derbyshire.