Browse the Spondon History Archives...

Add new comment

Sensory Garden Graves

Image
Original Photographer / Author
Elizabeth Kay and Liz Priestley
Description

In 2005-2006 members of the Village Improvement Committee, a sub-committee of Spondon Community Association transformed the disused cemetery in Chapel Street, Spondon into a sensory garden. The sensory garden was officially opened on Saturday 17 June 2006 by the Mayor of the City of Derby, Councillor John Ahern. It won a Derby in Bloom award shortly after opening. The burials in the cemetery are dated between c. 1840-1890.

Document(s)