Our hope for this website is to turn much of the material in our archive into a permanent, online resource which will be of use and fascination to all those with an interest in the local history of Spondon and Derby. Click here to find out more.
The website also contains information about the historical society itself, details of our regular monthly meetings (which anyone is welcome to attend) and links to some useful resources and websites about Spondon and Derby's local history.
We hope that you find the website useful and may even wish to help us in our quest to bring Spondon's history into the public eye.
Latest Archive Additions:See more latest additions...
Next SHS Meeting:
Can you help?Can you can put any names, places or dates to any of our 'mystery' photos in the archive, including:
Spondon Church Boys Club Outing, c.1939
A handful of names have been matched to the photo but can you help to fill in any of the blanks? Also, do you know any more details about the outing itself such as the date, the occasion or where the outing was to?
- A walk round Spondon: an introduction to an Ancient Village £1.50
- Spondon Clubs and Societies 1861-2011
- The Malt Shovel, Spondon
- Exploring Spondon: walks through Spondon's history
- Canoes to Commuters: transport in Spondon through the ages
- The Parish Church of St Werburgh, Spondon
- The Methodist Church, Spondon
- Spondon School 1662-1839
- Spondon School 1839-1964
- Spondon Goes to the Pictures
- My Life in Spondon and other great places *New Title*