Field House


Share this image:

Later called The Hall.  Situated at the end of Park Road.  The only tangible evidence remaining is the gate piers at the entrance to the school.  Was the home of the Osbourne family for 150 years until 1850; then purchased by Frederick Arkwright, (son of Richard Arkwright), who lived there until 1866; then H. Devas bought it. It fell into disuse after 1918.  The Education Committee bought it in 1938.